Key features at a glance:
- High throughput up to 4,050 A3 sheets/hour or 135 A4 sheets/minute (simplex)
- Quality reproduction with 1,200 × 4,800 dpi black-and-white
- Wide media flexibility for new applications
- Double toner cartridge bay for uninterrupted production
- New opportunities with optional scanning up to 220 A4 pages/minute
- High availability thanks up to 8,850 sheets tray capacity
- New applications with printing on material up to 300 gsm
- Printing-on-Demand with optional finishing solutions
Although more and more print products are requested in full color, there are still good reasons for black-and-white digital machines. Both the majority of all books content pages and most of todays personalized elements are still printed black-and-white. Personalized names, address fields or barcodes can be produced most cost-efficiently with a dedicated monochrome digital machine like the Versafire CM from Heidelberg.
Best of both worlds.
Depending on the type of product, static longer print runs can in most cases be produced more cost-efficiently in offset than in digital printing. If personalization is required, using both, offset for the static color elements and the Versafire CM monochrome digital machine for the personalization, is in many cases the most cost efficient way of production.